Monday 24 February 2014

Sketching Tools: Meet The Walkstool from Sweden.

The Walkstool: Small. Light. Strong. Comfortable.


The Walkstool is a Swedish invention and the only three legged stool in the world with telescopic legs, patents and trademark protections. Telescopic legs offer two sitting positions; with or without folding out the lower legs. Walkstool is compact, durable, light and very comfortable for sitting.

The Walkstool comes in six different models – Walkstool Comfort in four different heights produced in Sweden and Walkstool Basic produced in China. The Walkstool Comfort models have very big and comfortable seat sizes and big rubber feet. The seat is black and of a mesh material. The upper legs are black and the lower legs are anodized in a natural color – all made of durable aluminium. All Comfort models come with a bag for easy carriage and storage. The Walkstool Basic models produced in China sports a black seat with both upper and lower legs powder coated in a dark grey color.


The model I use is a Walkstool Comfort 45. Designed at a regular seat height and with a seat that is wide and comfortable, it feels just like I’m sitting on a regular stool when I use it outdoors. It’s my travelling companion to the many countries I’ve been whenever I am sketching outdoors. For more ideas on the different models and to select the one that caters better to your needs, you may wish to visit this site here.


The local distributor for the Walkstool is listed as:
Camera Corner @ Macshop
6 Eu Tong Sen Street
B1-35 The Central Clarke Quay
Singapore 059817
tel. +65-63341633
us@macshop.com.sg
http://www.macshop.com.sg

You may also find online retailers here.

When I first purchased my own model, because I could not find any satisfactory model at the local stores, I researched online and got mine from Buy.com (now known as Rakuten) as it is the one with the lowest cost (USD69 then) and delivers worldwide. I am not sure how much it is currently. You may wish to do more research on that with the list of online retailers listed.





No comments:

Post a Comment