Monday 3 February 2014

Phuket 2014 - Ten Years On...

It occurred to me, in the midst this holiday I had in Phuket, that it has been 10 years since I first visited this place. That was a memorable visit in more ways than one.

It was my first visit to Thailand and the island of Phuket. It was the first time I flew budget (it was a very new thing then) and with Air Asia.

Most significantly, it was also the year of the Boxing Day Tsunami, as it is called now. Regardless of the tragedy, I fell in love with the place, perhaps that was the reason why I fell so much more in love with - the emotional attachment linked to it...

Since then, I have been there umpteenth times, confident enough to jog around the Patong area for my morning exercises, knowing where to go for my favourite eating places. Some of the locals, especially the sales staff at the various shops and stores I frequent, already recognise me when I visit. That endears the place even more to me. Most significantly, I surprised myself when on my last visit just past, I was actually telling the cab-driver which landmark to look out for, when driving me to my hotel from the airport...

Here then is the pictorial journal of this very special trip to this one very special place to my heart.

Patong, Phuket, Thailand...

Patong Beach and its signature vibrant and gaudy sunbrellas...(click on the pic to launch the journal flipbook)
Series done in ink and watercolours with fountain and brush pen on Muji Hardbound 23x23 Blank notebook.



No comments:

Post a Comment