Wednesday 7 August 2013

Al fresco in the torrid tropical temperatures? Thanks...

Friends hanging out al fresco at a cafe in the central business district.
When I travel to countries in the temperate zones, one of the first things I always like to do, is find an al fresco cafe. I'd order a cuppa and bask in the sun while enjoying the fresh cool air. It's like sitting in an aircon room while watching the world go by. Relaxing and careless.

However, I find al fresco seats intriguing and whimsical in the local tropical context. Sitting in the heat and humidity when there are air-conditioned options is a no-brainer to me. It's no joke dressing up to go to town and then sit while melting in the torrid heat. It is, therefore, no surprise then, that most of the time, it's the foreigners who form the majority of the numbers sitting out there, al fresco...

No comments:

Post a Comment