Tuesday 15 January 2013

《青花瓷》: My Affections for Blue+White aka An affair with Royalty (of the Copenhagen type).

TWG loose leaf tea and Royal Copenhagen Blue Flower Curved Tea Cup Saucer
I have always loved blue+white porcelain. "Blue and white wares" (Chinese: 青花; pinyin: qīng-huā; literally "Blue flowers") designate white pottery and porcelain decorated under the glaze with a blue pigment, generally cobalt oxide. The decoration is commonly applied by hand, by stencilling or by transfer-printing, though other methods of application have also been used.

One of favourite range is from Royal Copenhagen. I got a few pieces of their wares when I started working and had hoped to own a whole tea service when I get my own place. However, they pulled out of Singapore before I got the chance to do that. Fortunately, I still have a set of mugs and tea cup and saucer, plus a couple of their crystal glasswares.

Tea, anyone?

2 comments:

  1. I like your art, but I wish that my hand writing was as flowing as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the compliments, Steve. I never thought or noticed my hand as 'flowing'. I've just been writing this way for as long as I know. Practice becomes habit, I guess.

    ReplyDelete